Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mmmm... Cookies!

Since I have been working from home, I have had more opportunities to bake (and eat)! I have the little kids on the same nap schedule so sometimes I have a little time during the day to make something scrumptious such as these...






These are macaroons that I found in my Taste of Home cookbook. I thought it would be pretty and tasty to add some chocolate too, because who doesn't like a little chocolate?

Here is the recipe for anyone that wants it:

1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

*In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. (I used parchment paper).

*Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

*Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.

* I melted some dipping chocolate in the microwave and spooned it into a plastic Ziploc bag. I cut a small piece of the corner off so I could neatly squeeze the chocolate on top of the cookies.


NOTE: IF YOU DON'T LIKE COCONUT, DO NOT MAKE THESE COOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment