Friday, August 21, 2009

Craziness

I usually don't like to wait so long to post a blog because then it turns in to one big blog, but I haven't had any time lately to do it. I finally have a chance today since I am sitting at home feeling sick after eating waaaaay too much Black Angus last night.

We have had a very busy summer, yet it feels like we haven't done much at all. Kyle was gone from May-July at the Academy and I barely got to see him. He finally graduated on July 31st and I was one very proud wife! He graduated 6th is his class, and received a Bulldog Award. Unfortunately his chief did not show up to present his badge, but he eventually received it at a firefighter association meeting the following week. After graduation he participated in a 2 week long search and rescue class and learned some great new skills. He even got to go repelling!



While Kyle was busy at the academy, Chase and I took a vacation to Utah with Kyle's family. I got to meet my new nephew Crew, and spend some much needed time relaxing (especially since I was sick the whole time).





We celebrated Dwaine's Birthday with a huge chocolate cake which we all picked at until it was gone!



Since it took us about 17 hours to drive to Utah, Kyle's mom was so nice to buy us a plane ticket home. Chase did great on his very first plane ride.

We have just been working like crazy, and trying to spend our free time together as a family. I can't wait for things to settle down and get back to normal, but really, what is normal anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment