Sunday, July 19, 2009

Final Destination!

Lets just say that it has been a VERY long couple of days! I left Friday morning very early to drive to Utah with Kyle's parents and Chase. I have done this drive a few times before, and have really enjoyed it, but this time I brought a baby which adds a whole new element to the adventure. We left Edmonds at about 6:30 am and arrived in Kaysville, Utah at around 10:00 pm. We made a few pit stops along the way, but we tried to get here as quick as we could. Chase was so great in the car! He didn't even cry once until we were only about 40 miles from our destination. I did feel bad for him though since all he could do was sit in his car seat. Thank goodness I have great in-laws who are willing to help me entertain and take care of Chase. We hung out with family most of the day on Saturday and did some grocery shopping for the next day's festivities. On Sunday we got up early and went to Church for baby Crew's blessing which was so beautiful! We then got to enjoy some delicious food at the Vellinga's home and spend some time with family. It was very nice to see so many people that I haven't seen in a while. Then we packed up our things and headed for the mountains; destination Bear Lake! It was only about a 2.5 hour drive and very beautiful seeing all the green mountains and valleys. We arrived here around 9:00 pm Utah time and had time to unpack a little and enjoy some delicious chocolate cake for Dwaine's birthday! We will be here until Friday morning when I get to fly home (thanks to my in-laws)!!! My only complaint is that I have came down with a bad cold about 2 days before we left and it started in my nose and throat and has now moved into my chest making it difficult to breath and enjoy my vacation to it's fullest potential. Hopefully I will fell better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment