Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Solid Foods

Chase is almost at his 7 month mark and has been enjoying solid food for a few months now. There aren't many that he hasn't liked so far except carrots with parsnips and chicken with sweet potatoes. I have been making baby food which is very easy and kind of fun. I found an awesome baby food cook book at a garage sale and it has come in very handy. I made about 2 months worth of food about 3 weeks ago and put it in the freezer. I would recommend making baby food over buying pre-made since I seem to be saving money and it really doesn't take much time. Lately Chase has been very interested in the spoon and every time I try to give him a bite of food he tries to grab it from me. I guess this is a good sign that he is wanting to learn how to feed himself. I would like to encourage this however it makes a VERY large mess. I have been giving him his own spoon to hold while I feed him which he really enjoys, especially because he can whack it against his high chair tray. He is just growing up way too fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment